Posted: September 10th 2012
Hello Broo… I like to share my knowledge about IT in the Business Environment, you know, development IT in the word has been growing very rapidly, therefore I want to provide the information that I get from Mr Thomas Soesilo as my lecturer. First of all I will explain about
The physical facilities, services, and management that support all organizational computing resources.
- Computer hardware
- General-purpose software
- Networks and communications facilities
- Information management personnel
So What is Information Architecture, Information Architecture is High-level plan that details:The organization’s information requirements and The way these requirements are being satisfied.Or Incorporates information requirements, existing and planned information infrastructure and software applications.
You know Information System (IS)?, if not, let’s learn together…
Information System according to Turban & Rainer, 2003 is A system that collects, processes, stores, and analyze data and disseminates information for specific purposes. And according to any combination of Information Technology and people’s activities that support operations, management and decision making
This is a classification of Information System :
- Transaction Processing System (TPS)
- Management Information System (MIS)
- Support Systems
- Office Automation System
- Intelligent Suport Systems (ISSs)
- End- User Computing
- Knowledge Management System
- Data Warehouse
- Mobile Computing
Now I will explain one by one :
- Transaction Processing System (TPS) is :
- Support/perform/automates routine business events.
- Collect, store, process, and disseminate basic business transaction data.
- Provide foundation data for many other systems.
- May be complex and sophisticated.
- Essential to business success today
- Management Information Systems (MIS) is :
- Support routine decision making
- Access, organize, summarize, and display information.
- Emphasize routine reporting on known and anticipated issues.
- Also, answer queries and forecast trends
- Office Automation System is : such as word processing systems were developed to support office and clerical workers.
- Decision Support Systems is : support complex, non-routine managerial decision makers
- Executive Information Systems – support higher-level managers
- Group Support Systems – employ Groupware to support people working in groups
- Intelligent Suport Systems (ISSs) is : Include expert systems which provide the stored knowledge of experts to non-experts, and a new type of intelligent systems with machine- learning capabilities that can learn from historical cases.
- End- user computing: The use or development of information systems by the principal users of the systems’ outputs, such as analysts, managers, and other professionals.
- Knowledge Management Systems: Support the creating, gathering, organizing, integrating and disseminating of an organization knowledge.
- Data Warehousing: A data warehouse is a database designed to support DSS, ESS and other analytical and end-user activities.
- Mobile Computing: Information systems that support employee who are working with customers or business partners outside the physical boundaries of their companies; can be done over wire line or wireless networks.
- IS support needed by people depends on their role in the organization.
- Top managers make strategic decisions
- Middle managers make tactical decisions
- Line managers make operations decisions
- Knowledge workers create and integrate knowledge
- Clerical workers use and manipulate information
This is the level of Information Systems Support Organizations
1) Information Architecture details information requirements and how those requirements are being and will be satisfied.
2) Information Infrastructure comprised of all facilities, services, and management that supports all computing resources.
3) Information Systems are classified by type (TPS, MIS, Support, Intelligent).
4) Information Systems are designed to support the organization’s structure.
5) Management of IS resources is joint responsibility of IS Dept. and end users.
“A Person Who Never Made A Mistake Never Tried Anything New”
Thanks for You Attention…