Posted: September 16th 2012
Aku lagi, aku lagi, aku lagi, nongol disini :3
Dikesempatan yang sangat berbahagia ini, saya akan menyampaikan rangkuman minggu lalu di kelas Pengantar Teknologi Informasi. Pak Yo lagi, pak Yo lagi, tapi yang sekarang udah level up nih, lebih susah dicerna dan dijabarkan kembali, dari yang kemaren.
Yosh, hope that i make no mistake!!
The very first thing is, let’s talk about Information Infrastructure , from what Mr. Yo told me, and from my point of view, it refers to all kind of organization computing resources support, such as :
- Computer hardware
- General-purpose software
- Networks and communications facilities
- Information management personnel
Each and every things above, makes the business things run well, and easier to do. Because, as we know, without that Information Infrastructure, who would have done this kind of things, like integration, operation, documentation, maintenance, and management of computing resources.
Now, let’s move to the second part of today’s issues, Information Architecture. What makes the information need architect for? Well, you know, it can’t be called company, if they only have one or two things to worry about, so, Information Architecture were there for their sake. It makes the master plan work, such as the organization’s information requirements, or the way these requirements are being satisfied. It does every single thing to incorporates information requirements, existing and planned information infrastructure and software applications, and helps ensure that the organization’s IT meets the organization’s strategic business needs.
And now, Information System. For short, it’s the one that collects, processes, stores, and analyze data for specific purposes. There are so many kind of Information System, because i am kind hearted man, i’ll explain it to you all :
- Transaction Processing System : I think it’s the most important thing in business environment, because it’s the one that support/perform/automates routine business events and collect, store, process, and disseminate basic business transaction data.
- Management Information Systems : If Transaction Processing System is the one that do all the job, this is the one that makes sure nothing wrong happened, like support routine decision making; Access, organize, summarize, and display information and emphasize routine reporting on known and anticipated issues.
- Office Automation System : It’s the word processing systems, that support office and clerical workers.
- Decision Support Systems : What does this thing exist for if we already have Management Information System to support our routine decision making? NO, it’s completely different, this thing’s support complex, non-routine managerial decision makers.
- Intelligent Support System : Have you ever heard, don’t you ever fall in to the same hole, this it the one that prevent that kind of things happen, it stored knowledge of experts to non-experts, with machine- learning capabilities that can learn from historical cases.
- End- user computing : This is where you can develop information system use for, as you wish.
- Knowledge Management Systems : It support the creating, gathering, organizing, integrating and disseminating of an organization knowledge.
- Data Warehousing : As it’s named, it’s a database designed to support DSS, ESS and other analytical and end-user activities.
- Mobile Computing : Information systems that support employee who are working with customers or business partners outside the physical boundaries of their companies, it’s like having side job i guess.
And know, after all that, this question’s comes out, How Information Systems Support Organizations, you know how? If you don’t, you can always count on me, i’ll tell you :
- First, consider how organizations are structured, witch is typically by functional departments, frequently in a hierarchy, and may be by project or in a matrix structure.
- The two most common classifications are, classification by breath of support, and classification by organizational level/
- Information Systems in an organization are developed to support the way the organization is structured.
- Information systems consist of numerous applications.
- Applications and systems can support.
- Information systems can also be inter-organizational.
Last but not least, don’t you forget that IS support needed by people depends on their role in the organization, like if you are a Top Manager than you need Executive Information System. Otherwise, if you are a Middle Manager you need Management Information System, etc.
Yaaaaaatttaaaaaa, finally done, that’s all i can give you right now, just wait, next week, i’ll post something that even more exciting. Thank’s for reading, have a wonderful day.